November in the Subtropics of Brisbane.
10 minutes before this photo was taken there was a thunder storm.
10 minutes after this photo was taken there was a hail storm.
The beginning of eventide.
1) You don’t have to have a dream (be micro-ambitious and watch the peripheries).
2) Don’t seek happiness (keep busy and try to make others happy).
3) Remember, it’s all luck (understand that you can’t truly take credit for your successes nor truly blame others for their failures).
4) Exercise (take care of your body as you can’t be Kant).
5) Be hard on your opinions (take them out onto the veranda and hit them with a cricket bat).
6) Be a teacher (even if you’re not a teacher, be a teacher).
7) Define yourself by what you love (not by what you dislike).
8) Respect people with less power and privilege than you.
9) Don’t rush (don’t panic about your career path).
When Will -
When Will by The Trouble With Templeton
But perhaps the desire of the thing called fame will torment thee. See how soon everything is forgotten, and look at the chaos of infinite time on each side of the present, and the emptiness of applause, and the changeableness and want of judgement in those who pretend to give praise, and the narrowness of the space within which it is circumscribed, and be quiet at last. For the whole earth is a point, and how small a nook in it is this thy dwelling. — The Meditations (Book Four) by Marcus Aurelius (167 A.C.E.)
(Source: scuttlebuttstuch, via hisamusingworld)
Awesome - that tiny blue dot is our planet Earth as seen from Saturn.
This rare image was captured by the wide-angle camera on NASA’s Cassini spacecraft on July 19, 2013.
(via Space Images: The Day the Earth Smiled: Sneak Preview - NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
"I just want to fight Tories. That’s what I do."
Anthony Albanese is Deputy Prime Minister of Australia.